Today was pretty much awesome for a Thursday. Why?
1) I just took a test yesterday, meaning I am allowed to let my brain turn back into mush for the next couple of days. NO STUDYING.
2) Had a great workout at the gym.
3) Michael took me and Joe out for lunch at Red Crane today. (I put the pictures on my old netbook… at the exact same time that it decided to stop working so… I might not get those delicious pictures up).
4) I had dinner with the church sisters at Pluto’s (duhh) and ate this “Beets Jupiter” salad.
It has BEETS, strawberries, mixed herbs, candied walnuts, goat cheese, cranberries, one last ingredient, and raspberry dressing. Oh, and a boring slice of wheat bread.
They super over-dressed it, but I loooooved all the ingredients that went in! I’ll have to remember to ask them to dress it lightly next time.
5) My friend, Susan, gave birth to her daughter today!!! I will be seeing them tomorrow, but good gosh. I’m so thankful for the ways God blessed my friends (Susan and Noel) with safe deliveries and healthy babies.
Treadmill: 5 miles in 41:47. I actually walked 0.5 miles of it at 4.5 mph at the end because I was so darn pooped. I changed up the incline from 0.5% to 1%.
Box Jumps: I just did 12 jumps onto the 18-inch box. Who knew I could just so high? HEY, maybe one day I can dunk!… (on an 8-ft rim).
Switch jump lunges:<— I don’t know what to call it, but you know what I’m talking about, right? I did 12 on each leg.
Triceps: (dips off edge of box) 12 reps. Totally random, I know.
So I’ve got my second 10K on Saturday!!! Tomorrow should be a rest day, but I might hit up the gym with some church folk and just do upper body. I know I shouldn’t, but I just love shredding my shoulders, mang.
We’ll see if I’m able to resist the lure of the weightroom.
Tomorrow will be amazing since I get to meet Eliyah (Susan and Russell chose such a beautiful name! I’ll tell you the meaning tomorrow)!!
How was your Thursday?
Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?
Who else is racing this weekend?