1. Got my bib for the Berkeley Half the other day.
2. I talked with Amy from fitnessmeetsfrosting, and I will be running the Berkeley half with her! (I have no plans to PR or anything because I am already in vacay/off-season mode… plus I got a big PR at the San Jose RNR half, so I’m done for the year, hehehe).
3. Elliptical-ing. It is a great workout, especially when you raise the resistance enough to feel like you’re walking waist-deep in mud. 90 minutes and about four episodes of Friends. It’s simply the best 🙂
4. My dad loves photography. He once told me how it is one of the ways he praises God. Taking in the finest details of a flower/tree/waterfall, or capturing a particular moment (bird perched in a tree, Vanna laying on the deck, mom laughing)… these are all things that we can overlook or not appreciate because we’re running late to work, have to be at another meeting, or watching television all day. Blah blah blah. Don’t overlook the beauty and joy that can be found all around you, all given by the grace of God 🙂
5. Our relay team for the Christmas Relay around Lake Merced is all set. We may wear something on our heads to go with our team name… The Awkward Reindeer. Last time I wore something besides a visor on my head for a race was for this Santa 5K, which was for fun:
^I won’t be wearing big, cotton sweats, that’s for sure. I think this was still during my noob years when I did not know what I should or shouldn’t wear for races, harhar. Also, it was way too hot for the big vest. December in NorCal means not wearing actual winter clothes.
6. I am off from school for a whole week. It’s going to be awesome. I’ll attempt to be productive next week, but for this weekend, it’s just going to be relaxing.
7. My everything is sore from yoga-ing all week. Ouch ouch… in a nice way, though 😉
What’s one of the biggest mistakes you’ve made in your beginning years as a runner? [Probably trying to get to the race event right when it started. I crossed the starting line 10 minutes after it started. Not to bad considering that it was a small, local race]
Anyone really into photography?
How many days do you get off for Thanksgiving?